Monday, March 21, 2011

Sheets, sheets, & loads of donated fabric!

Today I spent most of the day cutting sheets, sheets, and more sheets into various dress sized "pillowcases", then serged many of them together to into the pillowcase form.  It is unending!  I have so many sheets!  I am feeling a bit buried in sheets!  It's a wonderful "problem"!  And of course we need so many more!  I am using them for dresses and some for making into bias tape.  If you have some that you don't really use, consider donating them.  I really would appreciate it!

Today I also tackled a box of fabric that my 2nd cousin Cheryl sent to me a couple of months ago.  I know, I am a little slow. LOL!  The pillowcases are easier (there is less to do in order to make them into a dress), so I tend to work with those first.  However, since my husband and I are currently framing half of our basement into a finished space, I am losing precious storage space and have to work through all my boxes!  And when I pull those boxes out of all the "hidden" places in our basement-Holy Cow do I have alot of boxes!  My husband nearly had a stroke when he saw how the piles grew as I consolidated it all into one area! ;)

Anyway, in the box that Cheryl sent me was yards of fabric that she intended to sew into cute clothes for her little girls. (They are now graduated high school and college!)  I am guilty of it too.  I have dressers (yes, plural) full of flannels and fleece from years of making tons of pajama pants for the kids and plenty of fabrics from other well intended, never gotten to projects!

So, maybe you are in the same situation as Cheryl and I?  Maybe you have fabric laying around from those projects you meant to do; quilts never started or finished; clothes for the kids that they'd never wear now that they are older and it's not cool to wear something mom made unless it's Halloween (my kids).  Let me know and I will be happy to take that fabric off your hands and you can know it is going to a good cause.  Cheryl's fabric was cut into 49 dresses today!  Just awesome!  Oh and all those sheets too.  I am going to be busy!

1 comment:

  1. I can SEW relate :-). I'm sure the sheets are multiplying . But It's all good. My blog post will be similar today.

    ReplyDelete