Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ahhhh, Sunday.

I enjoy Sundays.  Aside from the chaos of getting three kids out of the house on time for church-which is always a challenge-I love looking forward to the message.  Our Pastor delivers great messages in a real world way,  arms us with tools we can use in our lives and he is funny.  I really look forward to church!  We have a great group of people there too.  It's all good.

Today, Kevin's sister Kitty is coming to church with us.  She lives about an hour away and we used to drive to their church before we discovered Cornerstone.  That ups the fun factor too as we get to see someone we love & don't see often enough!

When we get home we have the whole day to do whatever we choose. Today I think I will be sewing again.  With two days off I feel behind now!  So much to do, so little time! 

I am really pleased at all the people who have just discovered Dress a Girl-whether through this blog or otherwise.  I love to share what we do and why we do it.  It makes me feel good and I love knowing what it can mean to a little girl somewhere who has never had a dress of her own.  I love the idea that I can help raise the self esteem of a girl even just a little bit when she feels pretty in a dress.

Last night our elementary school held a dinner and auction fundraiser.  I donated some jewelry which is always popular and also donated a pillowcase dress.  I put my business cards out and inevitably a conversation is started about Dress a Girl!  Some don't know that it is me doing this, others don't know what it is at all.  Then I get to share what we do.  Some are interested in general, some want to know if they can buy a dress, others want to help or know someone that would love to hear about DAG.  Awesome!  It was a fun night.  My husband and I were out without our kids, enjoying the company of other adults we like, good music, good food and it was for a good cause!  Now it's Sunday and we can take a deep breath and relax and enjoy the day and the message we hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment