Saturday, April 30, 2011

Prayers answered!

Wow~  I put out a cry for help with pillowcase donations and in a matter of a day, I receive about 12 HUGE bags and boxes from a hospice center in a Hartford!  Delivered to my home no less!  Amazing!  The donation was of used but cleaned hospital gowns.  Not your typical johnnie gowns though.  These are like a smock that you slip over your head- a big rectangle that is open on the sides and bottom.  They are in really cute patterned fabrics in all colors!  Again-not your typical hospital gowns!  They are too wide as is but will require no elastic, bias tape etc.  They can be sewn up the sides-a little narrower and out the sides to create a little sleeve!  I haven't actually tried it yet, but it looks simple!  Can't wait to try it out!

What a blessing this delivery is!  God is good!  Ask for help and He makes it happen.  This hospice center also does medical missions trips and offered to take dresses to the countries they visit!  Blessings abound!

Tomorrow I am helping a friend's Temple to host a Dress a Girl event here in Cheshire.  It is their Mitzvah Day; a day of giving back to the community.  Marlena expects about 35 women and girls to help and says many know how to sew!  I am excited!  That is a great amount of people and I am excited to share what Dress a Girl Around the World is all about.  I am praying that these women will be touched by what we are doing and maybe some will become DAG sewers!

No comments:

Post a Comment