Saturday, April 16, 2011

Celebrating family heritage

This week, my husband and I were able to get away (for the second year together) to Independence, Kansas.  My husband's great uncle, William Inge, was a famous playwright of the 50's and 60's.  He wrote 5 consecutive successful works:  Come Back Little Sheba, Picnic, Bus Stop,  Dark at the Top of the Stairs, and Spendor in the Grass.  Every year they honor his work and that of a current distinguished playwright.  This year the festival is honoring Marsha Norman. 



We are fortunate to be able to travel here for this fun event because we have some great friends and family!  They are taking care of our kids and pets while we are here and we are so thankful for that!

It is fascinating to be here and learn about such a dynamic and talented writer.  Even more cool-he's a relative.  Kevin's dad is here as well as his sister Sandra.  We are having a great time.

While spending a little time this morning in town, I discovered a really cute quilting fabric shop and in about 10 minutes was able to pitch Dress a Girl to them.  They were really excited and I gave them my business card and took theirs.  They took extras for a quilting retreat that is going on in town this weekend.  I love how wherever I go, I can find someone to talk to about this great campaign!  So, if you are ever in Independence, Kansas, please stop into Lillie's Classic Quilts and Home Decor.  It is a beautiful shop!!!  They are online at www.lilliesclassicquilts.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment