Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Laundry just got a little better!

We are in the midst of finishing our basement-well, about 2/3 of it.  Finally!  I have been praying that we'd get around to this for a long time.  First and foremost to separate our two boys who have been sharing a bedroom forever!  They are 5 years apart and one is a teenager so-need I say more?  It's been ugly and it's high time they got their own spaces.  So the oldest, Andrew, is moving down to the first floor bedroom which has been a playroom with laundry closet for the last 8 years.

We have started a room in the basement for laundry, our 2nd fridge, washtub sink and toilet. It will have counter space to fold laundry, storage etc.  Today we had a new washer & dryer delivered.  It is those high efficient models that use less water etc...  I am really excited-more than I thought I'd be.  Mostly because they are much bigger than our last W/D setup.  I am hoping I can do less loads??  Also that I can wash the tons of sheets and pillowcases I get in all in one giant load rather than running laundry all day long!  Yay!  (It's the little things, right?)


Guess I have to go out and buy some HE detergent now?  Can't wait to actually wash something!  (Is that sad? LOL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment