Wednesday, June 8, 2011

10,000 dresses are starting to bless girls in Uganda!

So, you may remember that in February I was able to speak about Dress a Girl Around the World to a Christian conference.  At that conference by the New England Prayer Center, Pastor David Wagner requested 10,000 of our pillowcase dresses to bring to Africa and South America on his upcoming spring and summer trips.  He recently returned from Uganda and sent me a bunch of photos.  There are some great photos of him distributing the dresses and of course the girls wearing them.  Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to David and his Father's Heart Ministries for helping us to bless a girl around the world!  He  will continue taking trips throughout the summer so keep sewing for us!  If you are not sewing & you'd like to get more involved in this wonderful project, contact me at dressagirlct@gmail.com with any question.  I hope to hear from you!

Here are some of the photos David sent me:



























2 comments:

  1. Oh Janine, this is outstanding. I served in Uganda while in the Air Force and have such a soft spot in my heart for the land and its people. Truly some of the kindest people I have ever met. I am only beginning to sew, but (found your site on the Crafty Girls Workshop FB page) with any luck I'll be able to sew pillowcase dresses in no time and would love to contribute

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need all the sewers we can get and welcome your help! Thanks in advance for sewing pillowcase dresses for us! Let me know if you need any help etc. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete